We traveled over 3000 miles, spent countless hours in the car, took 500+ pictures and enjoyed every minute of our ADVENTURE to see Gary's parents on their mission in Nauvoo. On the way Canyon talked about his "Missionator" grandparents and sounds of laughter echoed in our back seat (seriously). I learned that Kansas is incredibly flat with a strange amount of water tours, grain silos and solitude farm houses. I learned that my father-in-law is quite the actor and that my mother-in-law is adored by the young sister missionaries. I learned that they work very hard every day to share the message of the gospel that they have a definite testimony of. I learned that the pioneer Saints worked endlessly and willingly to create a beautiful and precious city that they had to prematurely leave to be able to practice a faith they loved dearly. I learned that I could spend many hours in a row with my sweetie and still find him irresistibly handsome and entertaining. I learned that I am a girl that loves the southwest, the mountains and the desert and that returning home is even more appreciated after the blessing of a priceless, unforgettable trip. Here are some of the pictures:
The Print Shop.
The Woman's Garden.
The Brickyard & The Webb Brothers' Blacksmith Shop. The Blacksmith shop really caught Canyon's attention.










1 comments:
Love the pics ♥ Looks like a great time was had by all! Glad that you are back safe and sound!
Post a Comment