Rewind to April 28th... It was Trek's 3rd birthday. And in true mama fashion I spoiled, reminisced, and cuddled my birthday boy.Trek woke up in my bed snuggled next to me. He was showered with kisses and birthday wishes from his big brother. His birthday had pretty much been discussed all month (well really since the beginning of March when Canyon had his birthday) so he was surprised that it ACTUALLY was his birthday and that I didn't tell him "no, not today Trek, soon." Because of all the talk I fully expected him to have specific suggestions for how the day would go. Since we celebrated with a party earlier in the month the whole Saturday was open.
For breakfast he didn't request waffles, eggs, mickey mouse pancakes or even cake. He requested, "magic!" Hmmmmmm... magic? How do I make magic I thought. So I served toast in the shape of dinosaurs with a bit of fruit and a candle. And it pleased my birthday boy.
Let me tell you the rest of the day was magic for Trek. We took happy meals to his favorite park where there happened to be a spring festival with jump houses and an Easter egg hunt: MAGIC! Then went for ice cream at cold stone where he had his very own gift card from Auntie Skye and Uncle Mark: MAGIC! He had pizza and soda for dinner: MAGIC! And finished up the day with hulk punchers from his family: MAGIC!
Trek is funny, sweet, cuddly, creative, imaginative, and determined and brings MAGIC to my life daily. I am continually grateful to be his Mama especially on the day of his birth.
11 years ago


1 comments:
O'Trekkers stop growing up! He is such a cute kid, sad we missed out on the party, maybe for his 5 we will be around...hopefully!HAPPY BIRTHDAY TREK...just a tad late!
Post a Comment