KIRKMAN FAMILY

KIRKMAN FAMILY

6.23.2012

Just so I don't forget...

My boys continue to melt my heart, make me laugh, and impress me on a daily basis.  Here's a few of the things I want to remember about these precious times:

Canyon is a saver/recycler/reuser. I can't sneak a bottle, piece of paper, or any junk into the trash with out him darting across the room to claim it and turn it into some project, collection container, potion bottle or paper airplane.

Trek loves Dora and Diego.  He has learned that "audeme" means help and hollers this during his games of imagination or when his brother is chasing him.

A few months ago Canyon and Trek (and the kids at the babysitter) were giving illness back and forth to each other. When it was Trek's turn to be sick, Canyon insisted on saying the family prayer.  His entire prayer was for his brother. He prayed that he would feel better, that he would be happy, that he would know his family loved him and that he would take care of Trek not matter. The sweetness that come from Canyon is both touching and inspiring.

Trek has an imaginary dog named "TOOTIE." Tootie has a friend named "COOKIE." They live in the sky. Tootie is orange (Trek's favorite color). Tootie is nice. Tootie has puppies (this happened around the same time Mocha had puppies). Trek talks alot about Tootie and his/her qualities and how much he loves her. (Poor boy needs a dog...)

Canyon teaches Trek things like:
"Trek clouds are fake. They're made out of water."
"Trek, just eat your boogers."
"Trek, I'm big, you not big, your little, but one day you'll be big, but not as big as me."

One morning the kids were fighting. I was in the bathroom. This is what I heard:
HITTING. PUNCHING. SCRATCHING. WRESTLING.
Canyon: You hit me.
Trek: You punched me.
Canyon: You broke my toy. I'm never playing with you again.
Trek: You broke my heart. TEARS.

CANYON
TREK

1 comments:

Summer said...

Oh wow, those are all priceless memories.