KIRKMAN FAMILY

KIRKMAN FAMILY

11.09.2012

Just so I don't forget

TREK

While riding in the Ranch truck with Grandpa Trek look up and said: "Grandpa are you a cowboy?"
Grandpa replied: "Yes!"
Trek: "Good, so am I."

Staring at a full moon Trek exclaimed: "Look it's fixed."

While I was lying on the couch sick Trek came and put his hand lovingly on my heart and said: "Mama is your heart broken or is it open." (always open my baby, always open.)

I was cleaning the house about to vacuum.  Trek came up to me and said "MOM, I don't want to you vacuum my room (then he stuck out his finger and pointed at me) because I am playing with my dag gum Lego's." And turned around an walked off.

While playing with Avery in the woods Trek and Avery were running and screaming.  Trek told Avery "You scream like a little girl." (not fully connecting that she is in fact a little girl.)

Trek just started at a preschool.  His teacher introduced him in class and this is what he told me when he got home: "Mom, at school they said this is Trek Kirkman and he's a new boy. Mom am I a new boy?"
__________________________________________________________________________________

CANYON

Canyon has learned to whistle and whistles just about every minute of the day.

His favorite subjects at school are art and PE.

Canyon makes up jokes like: "Knock, knock" Who's there? "Tree" Tree who? "Trees grow because they poop."
or
"Knock, knock" Who's there? "House" House who? "Houses are big and they fly"
or
"Knock, knock" Who's there? "Food" Food who? "Food is poop."

When he's not joking or whistling he's trying to rhyme.  He's not quite got the idea of rhyming down. But he's certainty trying.

He came home from school so excited to tell me about the book fair.  He said: "Mom they have a diarrhea there with a clasp on it for girls."
Me: "You mean diary."
Canyon: "Oh, yeah, lets get it for Mattie." 

He's been trying to convince me to let him get "hot lunch" at school.
This is what he tells me: "They have pizza.  It's so healthy. They have Chile dogs and chicken nuggets."
Me: "Sweetie those things aren't healthy, but maybe you can do it once a month."
Canyon: "But mom, they have beef salad. I really want hot lunch."
Me thinking to myself: What is beef salad?

2 comments:

Cara said...

So funny, B thinks it is so cool to eat a "hot" lunch but the only thing he will eat is chicken nuggets so its not too often, thankfully!

Summer said...

Awesome, awesome boys.