KIRKMAN FAMILY

KIRKMAN FAMILY

1.19.2014

Boden's Birth

Late Sunday morning Gary and the big boys and I went for laps around Buffalo park. The two previous days I had labor inducing acupuncture. We hoped that if I walked prior to the 3rd acupuncture appointment it would help labor begin. Little Boden was a few days past his due date and it felt like two weeks past. By early afternoon I was having regular contractions. My mom headed our way.  A few hours after she arrived we arranged for the boys to go our neighbors house and we headed down to the birthing center.  The midwife and nurse welcomed us (The midwife was a classmate of my mom's when she attended midwifery school). The love and support of Gary was immeasurable. He is an amazing father and husband. A few hours after arrival to the birthing center Grandma caught her 5th grandson.  Baby Boden was born! The effort and pain of labor was quickly calmed. I had my beautiful boy in my arms. He arrived at 5:56 pm weighing 7.4 oz and 19 inches long. My biggest boy so far. A few hours after birth our big boys came to meet their brother. They were instantly smitten and in love. My dad, Louanne, and Gary arrived shortly after the birth as well. Later that evening we were home. With all our boys and all their Grandparents.

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the arrival of Little Boden Snow.









0 comments: