08:00-Arrived in the OB department for induction. 11 days past the first due date. 5 days past the second due date. Ready for a baby.
09:00-Prostaglandin gel applied. Gary excited for contractions to start. Canyon being dropped off at Summer's by my mom. Very controlled environment.
10:00-First contractions. Excited. Nervous. Excited.
11:00-No longer excited. Gary still excited. Contractions hurt. Dealing with the pain. 4cm dilated.
12:00-6cm dilated. Contractions unmanageable. In my mind considering epidural. Not sure what is happening.
12:08-Wanting to push. No time for epidural. Nurse calling for Dr to come immediately for delivery. Pain.
12:12-Dr arrived. Able to push.
12:18-Baby born. Tears. TOTAL relief. Sweet boy in my arms. Can't believe it's over. Total HAPPINESS.
TREK BLUE KIRKMAN
Born: April, 28th 2009 12:18pm
Weight: 6lbs 9ounces
Length: 19inches
10 comments:
HOORAY!!!!! Man, I cant believe he wasn't 10 pounds after how long he stayed in there! I AM SO HAPPY he's here! I cant wait to meet him and hear all about what Canyon thinks! I hope you are feeling good Mri, let me know if you need anything from the valley.
I am so happy he is here!!! He is sweet. Everyday will get easier and before you know it having just one will be a distant memory. Love ya Skye
Yeah! Congratulations! I've been hoping to hear the news. How stinky to go so overdue--Ellee was 4 days late and it felt like FOREVER! He was still such a small little guy. I love his name--cute! And, what a cute baby! I'm excited for Canyon to have a baby brother. I hope the adjustment goes well.
Very exciting.very cute
AWESOME. way to break it down. glad to know I wasn't the only one watching the clock during labor. love ya, and take luck. have a good one and see you around. I"m coming up north around the 23 of may, hope to see you then.
What an adorable eternal family! It takes a special woman to be the mother of boys and you fit the bill! Not to mention their Dad, he's pretty special too. Can't wait to meet Trek.
I've been waiting for this post, then somehow I missed it. I'm so glad he's finally here! He's so precious!
FINALLY!!! I have been wondering if you had him I just forgot to check the blog lately. I love his name and he looks like gary to me in those pictures! Canyon does not look so sure though. haha Hope you are doing well and feeling good! When do you have to go back to work? I only have 4 weeks left before I am going back part time. :( It just goes way to fast! See ya soon.
Congratulations!!! We're so excited for you guys...Canyon will be a great big brother.
Kyle said to tell Gary hi.
Hello Dear Moriah, congratulations on your now almost one month old new baby! Pardon my delay in writing, I've been away from the computer, but you and your family have definitely been close to my heart. I could surely sympathize with your discomfort from being overdue. Ija kept hanging in there for a couple of weeks beyond due. We'll have to swap some of the methods we tried, that failed, next time we talk. Love!
Post a Comment