11 years ago
8.14.2009
Canning
Yesterday Canyon and I spent some time picking veggies in the garden. Canyon shares a love of the garden with me. He was right by my side (sometimes in my lap) picking green beans, squishing squash bugs, pulling weeds, and searching for cucumbers. Trek was right next to us in his swing enjoying the outside weather, cooing and blowing spit bubbles (his newest trick). It made me remember the time I spent in the garden with my family growing up. I have so many good memories of our gardens and I am very grateful now to share a garden with my family. It seems like half the vegetables Canyon and I picked ended up in our bellies, because we couldn't resist their yummy taste.
I was doing a big harvest because my mom was coming over today to teach me how to make pickles. Canning is something that I helped with growing up and have wanted to re-learn. My generous mama started my canning stash with 12 wide mouth jars, and a water bath pot and strainer. She also brought homegrown garlic and dill for the pickles. My mama makes the best dill pickles. Writing down each step she guided me through 10 jars of pickles. They turned out beautiful! And I am sure will taste delicious!
Posted by moriah at 3:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Now you can teach me all the tricks because I have never canned a thing in my life- and I want to try those pickles, they sound fabulous!!!
Go moriah! I did my green beans by myself the other day and I think I cooked them to long!
Awesome stuff sounds like you are gonna be the go-to-girl when we all have questions. also so jealous of the weather up there. I've gotta talk to some regulars for the planting and growing seasons down here. lol! whish me luck.
They look beautiful. I can't wait to try one. I attempted pickles last week, but I didn't have any expert guidance, so we'll see whether or not they're edible.
Love you.
:)
Post a Comment