KIRKMAN FAMILY

KIRKMAN FAMILY

9.02.2009

Tresures & Projects

Project: This is the rocking chair my mom rocked her kids in. She was ready to pass it on so I am looking forward to fixing it up and rocking my babies in it.

Treasure: My Aunt Linda came to visit last month and brought with her some started quilts from my Grandma Pat. I didn't get to know my Grandma Pat. But I did know that she was a very creative person. She made many beautiful things (my mama is one). She made them with perfection and detail. So I decided to take some of her started projects and finish them. I have never quilted before. I barely sew. When my mom, Aunt and I were looking a the started projects I realized I will be able to get to know my Grandma Pat a little. I will be touching things she touched, I will be completing her creations, I will be a part of her treasures. I am overwhelmed, but so grateful.


(My goal: to finish them before I have grand kids...)


2 comments:

Skye Holly said...

I know that you can make them maybe your goal should be before I have grandkids

Summer said...

Those quilts are awesome. I have a few unfinished ones of Mamaw's--we should start quilting together (when we're forty)! And, I totally would have recognized that rocking chair anywhere. I'm glad you're keeping its rocking tradition alive. Love you!