Gary played in a softball tournament this 4th of July weekend like he has every year since I've know him. The kids & I missed all the Saturday games, but were able to make it to the last two on Monday. It was a beautiful July day with the sun shining bright. We watched from the grassy sidelines as Gary & his team the Bandits won the tournament. Canyon spends as much time as he can in the dugout proud to be Gary's boy; socializing with teammates and dreaming of the day he will be out there playing too. After the win the usual T-shirts were handed out (I literally have bags of championship/tournament shirts under our bed). AND much to Canyon's delight Gary brought home the trophy & gave it to him. For a moment Canyon was speechless (just a moment) and then the excitement just began to run off his tongue. "Whaaaat, Dad gave me this prize... it's way super cool... I got it for chasing Trek... is it mine... I love it... it makes me so happy..." As soon as we got home he promptly went into his room, climbed the changing table, skidded down scrapping the entire front of his shin, but successfully put it in a place where "Trek can't get it." He has asked to sleep with it and wants it relocated so he can see it at all times.
11 years ago
1 comments:
What a little angel. He is so hilarious and sweet it almost makes me cry. He looks so proud--good call, Gary!
Post a Comment