KIRKMAN FAMILY

KIRKMAN FAMILY

7.20.2010

Our Big News

A couple of weeks ago I was getting ready for work. I was preparing breakfast for the boys and making my usual morning cup of tea. I was feeling a bit anxious, because I was about to tell my boss I would be leaving the ER. My tea bag had a little message on it. It said: one of the best actions we can take, with courage, is to relax. I am always hoping for my tea bag messages to have a current applicable meaning. And it sure did that day. I repeated that little saying all morning and tried to go into work as relaxed as possible. I teared up while telling my boss that my family and I were moving to Flagstaff.

So that's the big news!!!! We are moving to Flagstaff--in a month. Gary had already told his boss, so as soon as my boss knew our plan to move became common knowledge. Gary will be a full time student at NAU studying Forestry and I will be working at Flagstaff Medical Center. We have rented an adorable little house off a rural road with forest right across the street from us.

We are excited. We are sad. We are optimistic. We are leaving wonderful jobs that have treated us like family. We are leaving family that is a part of our everyday lives. We are leaving friends that we have known for years. We are leaving a lovely life for a journey that we are certain provides the path we need to take.

4 comments:

Summer said...

I'm so excited for you guys. I can't wait to see what life has in store for you! Wish I could help you pack :).

Brooke said...

I'm excited for you guys! Good luck! What is Gary going to do in Forestry?

Skye Holly said...

I am so happy for you and you are not really that much farther from me a strait shot on 1-40

Cara said...

Why are you always leaving me behind? First Tucson and now your leaving me here! I am so excited for you and at least Flag isn't that far away I can come visit anytime I want! Cant wait to see the cute house and all the wonderful adventures I know you will take!