KIRKMAN FAMILY

KIRKMAN FAMILY

3.09.2012

Patience

When I moved to Flagstaff just after high school with some friends my heart broke because I was leaving Gary. I cried and didn't want to go. To ease my pain Gary sent me on my way with a Guns-n-Roses CD and instructed me to listen to this song. I listened to it the entire way to Flagstaff and for the next 3 1/2 months while we lived apart. It was so romantic and tragic. Today we celebrate 11 years of marriage. Patience is a constant in our lives, a value we both practice. Without patience we wouldn't be able to grow together, to trust each other, to love each other, to raise children together, to honor each other.

Thank-you my sweet Gary for your love and your sweetness the past 11 years.


Shed a tear 'cause I'm missing you

I'm still alright to smile

Girl, I think about you every day now

Was a time when I wasn't sure

But you set my mind at ease

There is no doubt you're in my heart now

***********

Said woman take it slow

It'll work itself out fine

All we need is just a little patience

Said sugar make it slow

And we'll come together fine

All we need is just a little patience

Patience, patience, patience

Ooh, oh, yeah

***********

I sit here on the stairs

'Cause I'd rather be alone

If I can't have you right now, I'll wait dear

Sometimes, I get so tense

But I can't speed up the time

But you know, love, there's one more thing to consider

*********

Said woman take it slow

Things will be just fine

You and I'll just use just a little patience

Said sugar take the time

'Cause the lights they shine so bright

'Cause you and I've got what it takes to make it

We won't fake it, ooh never break it

'Cause I can't take it

*********

'Cause a little patience, yeah, yeah

'Cause a little patience, yeah, yeah

Just a little patience, yeah, yeah

Just a little patience, yeah, yeah

Just a little patience, yeah, yeah

*********

I've been walkin' these streets at night

Just tryin' to get it right

It's hard to see with so many around

You know I don't like bein' stuck in a crowd

And the streets don't change but maybe the name

I ain't got time for the game

'Cause I need you

Yeah, yeah well I need you

Oh, I need youWhoa, I need you

Ooh, this time

-Guns-n-Roses

2 comments:

Orina said...

Happy Happy Anniversary! What a lovely post.

Orina said...

Happy Happy Anniversary! What a lovely post.