KIRKMAN FAMILY

KIRKMAN FAMILY

4.28.2013

Let's Have a Tree Party

For at lease 6 months when Trek talked about his birthday he said he wanted a "tree party." It had us all stumped. Miraculously Skye found this book and the rest is history.  What could be funner than a bunch of forest creatures gathering together in a tree eating popcorn, pizza, singing songs and playing hide and go seek.  At Trek's celebration we make pine cone bird feeder, went on a treasure hunt, ate cupcakes and enjoyed a beautiful day in Flagstaff with good family and friends! I enjoyed myself too much to take many pictures. Trek loves his new sandbox from Grandma Orina and his ninja turtle mask from the Holly's.

After the sugar high from his party on Saturday mellowed I settled Trek into our bed (something he said he wont do after he turned four) I told him when he woke up he would be four.  So this morning came and I was awoken by an enthusiastic boy saying, "Mama, am I four now? Check me am I bigger?" After I checked his arms and legs assuring him he was bigger than the day before we popped out of bed. He requested pancakes for breakfast.  He beamed all day making sure everyone was aware that he is now four. We ate more cupcakes and rode bikes at the park all evening.  He chose the nighttime movie and has been smothered with love. Trek brings imagination, silliness, determination, creativity, music, laughter and sweetness to our family every single day. We can't get enough of him! Watching him grow makes me grow. I love him so sweetly, so completely.  Happy Birthday Baby Blue. You are one amazing boy!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Katie said...

Happy birthday to trek! I cannot believe he's 4!!! Moriah you throw the greatest birthday parties! So fun!

Summer said...

It looks like a very happy birthday! What will you and Skye think of next? :) Glad Trek had a special day!

Skye Holly said...

I had so much fun and it was a GREAT party I am glad Trek had a happy birthday

Orina said...

I love the family kiss for the birthday boy!