I consider Trek a rowdy boys, boy who loves to wrestle, play with super heroes, jump in the mud or swing from the curtains. He's creative and marches to the beat of his own drum rarely asking for permission to do the things he wants to.
While the two of us were home alone one day Trek was playing vigorously in the living room while I paid some bills in the computer room. He came running into the computer room with a cape on his back, a shield in one arm, and a sword clutched in the other hand. He said mom "I have a new power." He dropped his weapons, wrapped his arms around me and said, "Love power."
My heart melted, LITERALLY turned to mush on the floor of our little rental. I was speechless at the sweetness, kindness, and tenderness of my rowdy dragon slaying boys boy.
He sat in my lap and I wrapped my arms around him. Trying not to ruin the genuineness off his self-discovered power, I confirmed that LOVE is in fact the strongest power I know of. The one power that can persuade the hardest of villains, can soften the wickedest of monsters, and can help the strongest super heroes win.
11 years ago
2 comments:
Me too.
I love reading your posts. They warm my heart! Your boys are so precious b/c they have a jewel of a momma. I am glad that you all are so happy!
Sarah
Post a Comment