A couple of days ago I posted a comment on Summer's blog about not always feeling like this area is my "home;" the place I am supposed to live for the rest of my life. I am often overwhelmed by these feelings. I love living by my mom and Gary's family. I like a small town, but sometimes feel suffocated.
BUT in the mists of all of these feelings I am really loving my home. It the first home Gary and I have owned together, it is the place we brought baby Canyon home to, and over the last months it is the place I have enjoyed molding into my oasis. Planting flowers, grass, and veggies; moving dirt; pulling weeds; raising puppies; and letting my one-year-old explore.
For Mother's Day I asked Gary to put a step around the back porch (Mother's Day in May that is) and he finally did it. Well he finally did it with the help of my Dear brother-in-law Billy who I owe a lifetime of babysitting, trips to Dairy Queen, and 301 rhubarb pies. And it looks great! I am so excited to start digging and planting some more. My next project for Gary is welding a Arbor for the Garden (maybe if I ask now I will have it by next Mother's Day).
11 years ago
7 comments:
I'm so glad you got your step! You should post a picture of the finished product. I can't wait to see your yard and all you've been doing to it lately! I hope you had fun hiking yesterday. I was thinking of you and willing Canyon not to run naked through the woods or push your friend into a thicket of poison ivy or decide to burp the alphabet.
Someday we'll both make it out of here! And when we do, I hope we end up in the same place!
Oh, also, I really like your blog colors right now.
Hmm, not sure why that posted as anonymous--it's still me, Summer.
One more comment, for good measure. You're going to see that you have four comments and get all excited only to find out it's just me. And me again. And then again. And then once more. Sorry.
I love the prescious feet.
Hey consider yourself lucky that it only took Gary that long--- I still have a huge list of things for Kayle to accomplish and I haven't seen any progress!!
Love the classic footprints in the cement picture!
Post a Comment