KIRKMAN FAMILY

KIRKMAN FAMILY

10.03.2008

Inspirations of Peace

I have been reading a book of daily advice from the Dalai Lama. yesterdays advice was:

In order to to transform self-hatred, we need to become aware that we have developed a false self-image and instead cultivate an authentic and healthy self-confidence based on our fundamental human qualities. We should be humble and more open to others.

Then today I was browsing the Internet and found this picture. You can barely see the photo, but it is of 9 young boys dressed as Mahatma Ghandi to celebrate the Peace Activist's 139th birthday. It is so sweet to me to see people remember and honor such an amazing man.


Despite all the turmoil in the world I still find inspiration and hope for PEACE. I believe that the human race is good. I believe that we do care about each other and I pray that we can continue to open our hearts and minds to cultivate a more peaceful world.

2 comments:

Cara said...

I wouldn't agree more- I will be back soon and I will defiantly give you a call.

Summer said...

Interesting quote. I love this post.