KIRKMAN FAMILY

KIRKMAN FAMILY

10.20.2008

A sibling for Canyon

A sibling for Canyon will be arriving this April. Gary and I have been so excited and we feel so blessed to have had this baby come so easy. We have been talking about babies a lot in our house and Canyon seems to be excited every time he is around or sees a baby. He especially loves his two cousins that were born last month. He also enjoys toting around a baby doll, wrapping it in a blanket, kissing it, and giving it nap time (which he quickly discards at the sight of a more interesting activity). He is very sweet and I know he will be a wonderful big brother.

I am thrilled and grateful to be having another baby. I am finally getting past the fatigue and sickness of the first trimester and aching to hold a newborn in my arms. Gary has been very accommodating and kind with all my needs and has been coming up with all kinds of crazy names (most of which cannot be used for a human child).


With my excitement about a new baby I am even more grateful to be giving Canyon a sibling. I love my brother and sister so much. I consider them some of the most important and influential people in my life. Despite the teasing, bickering, and annoyance we caused each other growing up we are now friends, good friends. You know the “Sunscreen speech?” Well there is a line that says “Be nice to your siblings. They're your best link to your past and the people most likely to stick with you in the future.” I believe this to be true and I hope this is an inspiration I can teach Canyon and our new baby.

12 comments:

Cara said...

I can hardly wait- I am hoping for a girl but another boy would be fun too! Thank goodness the sickness is over- and you can start to enjoy it! Congrats- love ya.

Rick-n-Christa-n-CJ-n-Rigin said...

YIPPPEEEE!!! I'm glad that the word's out, just can't wait for the big day when we can know for sure that SHE'S a she.

Skye Holly said...

I am so happy for you and Gary and Canyon. I treasure every day knowing that I have you and Paho even if we all live in different States. Love ya Skye
P.S. I am hoping for a girl to but coming from someone with two boys it will be fine either way.

Summer said...

Cute ultrasound picture! You'll be a great mama to 2. Love ya!

jes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jes said...

yea for you and your little family! that is so exciting. i love to see my boys interact and play together. they just love eachother so much. canyon will love having someone to play with! congratulations!

Brooke said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting. I'm glad you're far enough along that you're feeling better. That makes it so much nicer! I'll be anxious to see another cute baby Moriah and Gary.

Anonymous said...

Awww, canyon is so precious and so sweet. Can't wait to have another Gary/Moriah mixture of sweetness. Especially if this baby is a girl.

Teresa :) said...

yae!Im excited I have someone to be prego with me. We can complain the whole time together. haha j/k I dont have much to complain about and it sounds like you have been doing really good too. Thats good Canyon is excited my girls forget that I am even having a baby half the time. I guess it will be more real to them when im really showing. :)ps I am still up for some good old walking if you want to go. See ya.

Val said...

By the way I have a blog now.

The Baum Squad said...

Congratulations! Just when you think you couldn't love any more or imagine something sweeter than your 1st......you meet #2. It's amazing. Way to go.

Mickey and Kelly said...

congradulations mariah, i already gave gary props, he said i was the first person he told besides both your parents. i want to know what names gary has been throwing out there, i am sure they are interesting to say the least. if you want to visit our blog it is mickeykelly.blogspot. again congradulations. Mickey