KIRKMAN FAMILY

KIRKMAN FAMILY

10.07.2008

A weekend away...

It had been 1 1/2 years since we spent a day and a night together alone. That is too long. We didn't really think about how long it had been until we got the chance to get away. This past weekend Gary and I went to Greer (a gift I won at my work Christmas party last year). The weather was cool and wet, but we enjoyed a short hike, watching movies, eating food and giving eachother 100% of our attention. I love Gary so much! I am so happy he is my husband.
A picture from our hike
The rain coming down.
On our way home there was a thin sheet of snow. You can imagine how happy this made Gary.

5 comments:

Rick-n-Christa-n-CJ-n-Rigin said...

How lucky you two are to have each other.

Sarah said...

WOW, long time! You guys totally deserved a night away. Love that picture of you two!

Julianna and Mark Weeks and Family said...

Yeah, well we'll soon know what you feel like. so you'll have to let some of your secrets out. lol!

Anonymous said...

It's important to do that and I am glad that you guys had such a great time. Note to self, drop off all the kids with Moriah and Gary so Jamaine and I can have a weekend alone, lol.

Fuentes Family said...

I loved this post. Just because I love weekends away. That sounded like so much fun. You guys are right around the corner but might as well be in Timbuctoo. How are YOU?