KIRKMAN FAMILY

KIRKMAN FAMILY

2.10.2009

To do list & few other thoughts

Things to do before the baby is born:

*Clean out the kitchen cabinets
*Wash the walls and baseboard
*Touch up the paint on the baseboard
*Get the carpet cleaned
*Wash the baby clothes
*Clean the car seat, swing, and bassinet
*Make a blanket
*Come up with a name for the baby
*Prep the garden for planting
*Paint the swing set and garden fence

*Get a massage
*Buy bottles for when I go back to work
*Finish the dogs yard
*Find a breast pump that is fabulous so no formula will be needed for this baby
*Go away for the weekend with just Gary
*Learn how to be a parent to two kids



The list grows every day. And so does my anxiety. I am anxious to be done with pregnancy and anxious to have another baby. I am anxious about labor. I have been so tired and have begun to get a bit overwhelmed at the thought of having two kids. I have been told it can be done and I believe that. Canyon has been an angle lately and I can't stop playing with him. The thought of loving someone else as much as I love Canyon seems impossible, but a great blessing. Amongst my anxiety and fatigue I have gotten some things done. The garage & laundry room have been cleaned. And I organized our spare bedroom/office a few weeks ago. Today Canyon and I cleaned out my bathroom.

3 comments:

Wren K said...

Hello Sweet Moriah. What a beautiful family picture; the love is so evident! But what is this about so much anxiety? Anxiety is just fear of the future. Relax! Return to your "All You Need is Love" motto. No need to let fear of tomorrow ( a complete mental construct)rob you of your delicious love of today. Lists can be a real joy killer; don't let them be. Everything will be done in time. You have the capacity to be a wonderful mother of two children. Relax, don't worry about being super mom. Be kind and give yourself some extra rest and super nutrition. Perhaps some self care is what is needed as the antidote to your anxiety. Much love, Wren

Skye Holly said...

You will do fine no matter what,I have faith in you. It may not always be fun but you have the ability to do what ever needs to be done. Lists have always helped me out and have provided a great sence of visual gradification when you get to cross off a compleeted task. I am hoping to be able to come out in MArch for a couple of extra days and you can put me to work then. Talk to you soon, lots of love Skye

Lyndee said...

You should have a working day. Remember when I did when I was having Kyle. Since it was another boy I didn't have a shower, I just wanted a clean house! Everyone came over and cleaned for the day and I fed them lunch. It was nice to have a clean house for 2 minutes! I really liked your dads advice.