After putting Canyon to bed a couple of nights ago he came out of his room saying he was scared. He was afraid some barking neighborhood barking. I scooped him up and told him I would always be there to keep him safe. I told him sometimes I say a prayer when I am scared and offered to say a prayer for him so he would feel safe. He wanted to say the prayer the is what he said:
Heavenly Father. Not bless the food. Bless the dogs not bark. Bless me not scared. Name of Jesus. Amen
Gary wrote Canyon a series of letters while to read while he is on the river. We open a letter each night before bed. I read the letter and then Canyon likes to read it back to me. This is usually what he says the letter says.
"You're the best boy ever. Take care of Trekker. Never go on a trip again."
The first two interpretations are pretty accurate to what the letters say. The last came from Canyon. He misses his dad.
Canyon was searching the freezer for ice cream. He didn't find any. About a half hour later Gary went into the kitchen. The freezer door had been open the entire time. Gary called to Canyon and said "Canyon you can't leave the freezer do open." Canyon rushed into the kitchen and said to Gary, "What I do Dad, What I do?" Gary said, "Don't leave the freezer door open." Canyon replied. "Whatever," and walked out of the kitchen.
1 comments:
What a sweet boy! I love hearing their innocent, thoughtful little prayers. And I can't believe how big Trek is getting! I think he has more teeth than Emelyn!
Post a Comment