We would have won. Have any of you ever had one of those moments where if you had your video camera out and perfectly positioned you would have captured the winning America’s Funniest Home Video? Well the other night we did. This is how it goes…
The three of us (Me, Gary, and Canyon) were playing on the floor in Canyon’s bedroom. Canyon has become quite good and fond of lifting my shirt, whether it be to nurse or blow raspberries on my tummy. He was blowing raspberries. His face was covered in slobber and so was my stomach. We all couldn’t stop laughing.
Canyon took a pause to see what his Dad thought about his new trick. And being the smart boy that he is (sorry for my bragging-I am smitten) he realized that his Dad has a tummy too. He gleeful lifted Gary’s shirt and was ready to go in for a raspberry. Much to Canyon’s surprise, disgust, shock Gary’s stomach was covered in hair. He was stopped dead is his tracks. He couldn’t proceed with his raspberry. He looked worriedly at me as if he was going to cry. He then looked at Gary as if he was wanted, needed an explanation. He pinched Gary’s hairs and tried to make sense of the situation. He leaned in again as if he was thinking “I must do this or I will surly offend my Dad,” but he just couldn’t lay his little lips on his Dad’s manly tummy.
He turned around and started on my tummy again trying to forget the whole thing. I thought to myself if only the light bulb in Canyon’s room was a camera we would have won. But nevertheless it was a silly moment Gary and I will never forget.
11 years ago
2 comments:
That's hilarious. I can totally see Canyon with his eyes all wide, looking around, trying to make sense of the body hair discrepancy. Poor Canyon! (And poor Gary--there's nothing quite like being dissed by a baby!)
Priceless, love it.
Post a Comment