KIRKMAN FAMILY

KIRKMAN FAMILY

6.26.2008

My Handsome Little Devil and Our Puppies

If you ask Canyon what a puppy says he doesn't say "woof, woof." Instead he says what I can only imagine would make any HOUND dog owner proud "woooooo, wooooo."

For the last 7 1/2 weeks our house has been filled with the baying sounds of Basset Hounds and it has been rough. But not for Canyon. He is not old enough to pick up dog poop or comprehend how much food 12 (10 puppies and 2 adult) dogs can eat. He just simply points outside and says "puppy" and screams at the top of his lungs when someone comes to see them as if he's saying "let me show you how spoiled I am, my Mom and Dad let me have 10 puppies. "

So as our sweet breathed, sad eyed, soft coated little friends are finding their new homes I am thankful for the un-jaded happiness they have given Canyon. He will miss them when they are gone (I won't).





1 comments:

Cara said...

Wow- they have gotten so big since I saw them 2 weeks ago- how many do you have left? I might know a lady that wants one.... I will keep my fingers crossed!!!