Last night when I went to bed my heart was filled with hope and gratitude and my cheeks were stained with tears. I have hope that our country is headed in a direction of change and of tolerance, hope that it will be a better place for me, for my children, for everyone, and hope that we will all be able to unite for a better world. I am grateful to witnesses this extraordinary time in our country’s history, grateful to have a renewed sense of patriotism, grateful to live on this earth in this country at this time.
11 years ago
3 comments:
Ditto. I was so happy I couldn't sleep. I loved the part of Obama's speech where he promised to listen to everyone around him, *especially those who disagree with him*. I can't wait to see where intelligent and humble leadership can lead our country after eight years of idiocy and unyielding arrogance.
I know everyone (almost) everyone around here is so against out new president. I too listened and wept from Obama's speech. I too have hope four our country. I am excited to see what will happen. But at the same time I am irritated with all the racists jokes going around. Our country just elected their first Black president and people are acting with no class and ignorance. I appreciate this post. Thank you.
Well Moriah I hope for my family's sake you are right but have a very scared feeling about this guy as our president. His speech was good but we can't be so nieve to think he is actually going to do everything he says he is going to do. I certainly didn't vote for him.
Post a Comment