KIRKMAN FAMILY

KIRKMAN FAMILY

4.16.2009

Just So I Don't Forget

Canyon is learning about independence and is constantly saying "Stop Mom!" "Try me" "Me do it" He is very adamant about what he wants and when he wants it. I find the more patient I am the better our day goes. I of course have to set limits when it comes to using knives, driving the car, climbing on the cabinets, etc.

On the flip side he is so sweet always giving lots of hugs and kisses and saying "I love you, mama. I love you, dada" "Hold you, me." "Be safe."

Although we have talked about the baby coming I don't really think he has any idea about being a brother or having a baby in the house. But sometimes I see him looking in the bassinet or at the baby diapers saying with a sweet voice "Oh baby, so little."

He loves Sponge Bob and Anoop Desai (American Idol contestant).

He will bring his dirty clothes to the laundry room when I ask him too.

Canyon and I like to look up songs on YouTube and watch them. Well I do and Canyon seems to enjoy them most of the time.

My favorite time of day is when Canyon wakes up. We bring him to bed with us and all cuddle. He kisses on Gary then wraps his arms around me. Pure sweetness.

He has learned how to be a pirate from Holden and plays pirates almost everyday with his Dad.

He got a booster seat that he loves and a toilet that he loves, but doesn't really know how to use.


He loves to wash his hands.

He hates the wind and the sunshine in his eyes. He will start crying when faced with either.

He talks, talks, talks, and is listening to everything we are saying. He soaks everything up weather it comes from a book, a movie, a conversation Gary & I have had. He is continually surprising us with silly comments.

Gary taught him how to fake cry and Canyon thinks it's great. He practices it when we are not watching. And can't wait to do it when asked. He's doing it right now.

He is learning different emotions. Happy, Sad, Mad, Silly.

He still loves Dino's.

3 comments:

Summer said...

Maybe he'll be a paleontologist when he grows up. He and Connor can pal around in their white lab coats (Con wants to be an inventor). Although, lately he's been talking about owning a meat stand when he grows up. How random is that?

So cute that he says "Oh baby, so little!"

Julianna and Mark Weeks and Family said...

I can't wait till I hear mine start saying stuff that is understandable. but now's the time to watch everything that is said, cause kids pick up the strangest words and decided to use them at the most embarrising moment. lol! good luck and keep us posted. love reading all about the advancements.

Val said...

I loves this post, Canyon is so sweet. You know he is sweet because you treat him kind and is sweet to him. Kids are a reflection of their parents and he sure does have sweet parents.