KIRKMAN FAMILY

KIRKMAN FAMILY

3.05.2008

Happy Birthday Canyon

Happy Birthday to my BOY!! I cannot believe it has been a year. I tried to make today special for Canyon. I started his day by making him waffles and blueberries. He loved it, but probably didn’t think it was any different than any other breakfast he had eaten. We then played around the house. I let him get into whatever he wanted, probably no different than any other day. We played outside and I let him get dirty, pet the dogs, and play in his new sand box; no different than any other day. He got to take a shower with me; no different than any other day. He rejected his lunch and wanted to nurse instead; fell asleep and woke up as soon as I laid him down; no different than any other day. So as we carried on throughout the day with me trying to make every moment special because it was his first birthday; he just played and sang and kissed and hugged like he does every other day. I would periodically tell him stories about how sweet he was and how happy I am that his is my little boy and he would look up at me and say “ooh” or “hi” and sometimes melt my heart and say “mama.” But I am pretty sure he didn’t know that I was being sentimental or corny; I was just being his mama, the one that’s been the same every other day of his life. Then I got to thinking, today is for me. There will be many other birthday’s in Canyon’s life that are unlike all the other days of the year, birthday’s where he actually knows what’s going on. Today I wanted to make him waffles and blueberries, and let him get into what ever he wanted, and rock him and tell him stories. Today I wanted to let him skip his nap. Today I wanted to remember that last March 5th was unlike any other day I have ever had; it was the day I became a mama. So… Happy Birthday my sweet, silly, yummy, little boy; thank you for giving me so make special days.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Brooke said...

That was so sweet! You're such a cute mom. And, I'm sure he had a FANTASTIC birthday just hanging out with mom! I love the collage thing too.

Cara said...

I cant believe that a year has gone by so fast-- what a lil' sweetie you have and I am sure he will realize what an awesome mom he has!!!

Summer said...

I love all your posts lately! You are such an awesome mom--Canyon is so lucky to have you (I'm pretty sure he knows this given the way he THINKS YOU HUNG THE MOON). It's so neat to see you with a child and to see so much of you in him. Happy birthday to Canyon, and happy the day you became a mother to you! And happy the day Gary became a father to him, and happy the day Nitro became a brother to him, etc. etc. this is getting out of hand and I believe I should probably go to bed now. Perhaps I've inhaled too many paint fumes these past few days. All I really wanted to say is this: you are such a top-notch mother, and Canyon is one of the sweetest baby boys I've ever met.

:)

Rick-n-Christa-n-CJ-n-Rigin said...

You are so sweet and your post brought tears to my eyes. How lucky the world is to have you in it.