KIRKMAN FAMILY

KIRKMAN FAMILY

4.15.2008

The THIRD dollar store



The opening of a third dollar store in Taylor has brought mixed emotions…
At first I thought how much more ghetto can we get than to have a third dollar in a town this small? Is it really necessary? Somehow it seemed to solidify how I feel about living here (not sure I belong)?

Then I embraced it. I am not a big city, high dollar shopper. I always go for the sale rack at any store. I love a good bargain. And I love Dollar Tree! It happens to be my favorite dollar store. Everything is really a dollar. I love going to Dollar Tree with Skye and it was right around the corner from my house in Tucson. So maybe Taylor won’t attract a Target, Costco, or Buffalo Exchange, but we have attracted the best dang dollar store around. And that’s something I think all of us in Taylor should be proud of.

Canyon and I had the opportunity of visiting Dollar Tree yesterday. Here are a few interesting and fun things about the store:

They have an abundance of gift wrapping supplies.
Lots of disposable Tupperware (or tuplewear as Gary calls it).
They sell pregnancy tests (not safe-but better than coming to the ER).
They have everything that you would need for a luau.
Lots of pool toys.
Board books.
Plastic baseball bat and ball that Canyon loves.
Cleaning Supplies.
Cards.
And the list goes on…

So if you are in Taylor, I invite you to visit the dollar wonderland, and just forget that we have two others down the street (I mean literally down the street, they are all within a mile of eachother).


4 comments:

Summer said...

I about died when I saw another dollar store go up, but I'm glad to find out it happens to be your favorite one! At least it wasn't another fast food place, huh? Thanks for the shopping tips! I hope your loooong work stretch flies by.

Cara said...

Well good ol' Taylor is moving on up in the world of dollar stores- I think three within a mile radius should be some kind of record! We will have to make an outing to the dollar stores when I am back in town! How is the weather? Family picture taken time yet?

Cara said...

I dont have any set time to go up there but that doesnt mean anything--- do you have a place where you want to do them? How is the wind-- dying down yet?

Cara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.