So around Thanksgiving Canyon’s Auntie Skye introduced him to Cheerios. And that’s when it began… Canyon’s love affair with the “O” shaped cereal. Cheerios have become a staple in the diaper bag, almost as important as diapers themselves. When Canyon gets picky about eating food I just top his spoonful with a Cheerio and he’ll gulp the bite down. Yeah, that’s right I put Cheerios on carrots, peas, green beans, prunes, applesauce, bananas, or whatever else is on the menu. And I am not ashamed to do this. I used to think that I would just train my kid to eat everything and that he would have the perfect taste buds. And while Canyon actually does pretty good and usually enjoys his food, he needs a Cheerio topper every now and then.
The other fun fact about Cheerios is that they buy me a couple of minutes and in Canyonland that is priceless. The other day I spilled some Cheerios on the floor and you would have thought I threw out raw meat for a lion. He lunged under the chair and vacuumed up the whole mess. That’s another thing I am not ashamed of. I let my kid eat off the floor. I don’t make a habit of this but, I couldn’t stop my little Cheerio machine. Thanks, Big Sis:}
The other fun fact about Cheerios is that they buy me a couple of minutes and in Canyonland that is priceless. The other day I spilled some Cheerios on the floor and you would have thought I threw out raw meat for a lion. He lunged under the chair and vacuumed up the whole mess. That’s another thing I am not ashamed of. I let my kid eat off the floor. I don’t make a habit of this but, I couldn’t stop my little Cheerio machine. Thanks, Big Sis:}

2 comments:
Cute picture! I feel like I got robbed--cuz Ellee has never liked Cheerios...What kid doesn't like those? Bummer for me...I've had to find other things that she likes--like chocolate. But, I don't feel right about putting chocolate on everything, ya know? :)
That's hilarious. I remember being so relieved when my boys were old enough for Cheerios because it totally makes a mom's job easier--in all the ways you mentioned. Thanks for making me laugh first thing in the morning! Love you!
Post a Comment