

My mom and I took a trip to California to visit family. My Grandpa Hodgson hadn’t meet Canyon and we were anxious to introduce the two of them. I was a little nervous about Canyon’s first plan ride and all the extra luggage that comes with a baby, but so excited to see family. Canyon did almost perfect on the plane. My mom was such a saving grace. She was more than willing to take Canyon or carry on of the four pieces of luggage I had in addition to her two. Once we arrived in LA my uncle Elwin kindly picked us up from the airport and drove us to my Grandpa’s house (the same avocado colored house I have visited many times). We exchanged lots of hugs and kisses. My Grandpa attempted to keep his voice soft as to not scare Canyon. We visited, laughed and enjoyed each other’s company. My Mom, Canyon and I shared a bed. It felt like there was so much room in the bed. I think it must be because Gary is bigger than my Mom. Canyon was a bit confused to see Grandma on the other side of the bed and not Dad, but he managed to adapt. The next day we took a walk through my Mom’s old neighborhood which is only about a fifteen minute walk from my Grandpa’s house. She and my Grandpa filled me in on many fond memories of Hollydale. We even stopped and talked with some old neighbors. After our walk we picked Fran up from a hair appointment and headed over to Nana’s for a visit. She was feeling a bit under the weather, but looks absolutely amazing for an almost 94 year old. She gives little ones no option to be shy. She immediately picked Canyon up and started squeezing and kissing. He didn’t put up a fight. There is something about Nana’s spirit that you just can’t resist. Later on that evening my Grandpa let out his voice and Canyon loved it. I don’t know any little boy that could resist such a kind Grandpa like mine. We spent our last day of visiting with my Aunt Linda and Aunt Debbie. My two cousins Jonny and Mikey came over and it was so good to see them. Watching my Mom with her sisters is so fun to me. They have been my example of sisterhood and friendship. Our trip was great. No hustle and bustle, just relaxed family time. I love family!! Especially mine. Thanks for such a fun trip Mom.
11 years ago
1 comments:
Hey Moriah,
I some how found your blog when I was blog hopping. This is Cara (Baker) Mickey's little sister. Any who. Your little guy is so darn cute! Well I am going to have to check your blog every once in awhile to see how much he is growing. :)
Post a Comment